(a) The appointing clerk of superior court may by letter, with a copy to the Georgia Superior Court Clerks' Cooperative Authority, revoke the commission or deny the reappointment of any notary public who:
(1) Violates any provision of this chapter;
(2) Performs any notarial act in violation of Code Section 45-17-8;
(3) Is found to have submitted an application or endorsement for a notarial commission containing substantial and significant misstatement or omission of fact;
(4) Ceases to reside or work or have a business in this state; or
(5) Becomes incapable of reading and writing the English language.
(b) Any notary public whose commission has been revoked shall upon demand be allowed a hearing and adjudication before the superior court clerk with a right of de novo appeal to the superior court, such appeal to be determined by the court without the intervention of a jury.
Code 1981, § 45-17-15, enacted by Ga. L. 1984, p. 1105, § 1; Ga. L. 1997, p. 673, § 3.